Monday 19 January 2015

God is my strength.


As I sat down at my desk at work today I had that feeling of rising panic that threatened to engulf me as I looked at all of the things I had to do and yet did not quite know where to start.

All of a sudden the words 'God is my strength' came into my mind rapidly followed by more phrases. As I was already sitting at my computer I quickly started to type and, for a few minutes, the words flowed. It was the strangest feeling that it was me praying the words to God but it was Him who was giving me the words to say. At the same time everything around me faded away, the chatter of people on the shop floor below me, the churning of the heating system and the drone of the fridges and freezers in the food hall all ceased to exist and I had a feeling of tremendous calm and peace. Time seemed to stand still although, in reality, it was only a couple of minutes.

When the world came back into focus I emailed myself the words that had flowed and it is only now, reading them back, that I recognise that they are not particularly words and phrases that I would have used myself and are interspersed with verses from Scripture. I am more and more convinced that the Holy Spirit was interceding for me, just as it says in Romans 8:26 - In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words;.

As for the work load, it was nothing. I skipped through everything and cleared work that had been sitting there for weeks. God was in control of my life today and I feel Blessed.

Here are the words that came to me:

God is my strength my rock and my fortress in Him do I trust, He is a shield about me. I turn to Him in anguish, I trust Him with all my heart and lean on Him for understanding and let peace fill my heart. Blessed is His holy name. My heart sings for joy as His blessings shower upon me. Thank you my God and King you have saved me from the miry pit. O holy one, redeemer of Israel and creator of all mankind your greatness and righteousness abound for all eternity. Your loving kindness will last forever and I will sit at your feet in wonder and awe.


No comments:

Post a Comment